.Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Respect your Money - Why it Pays to be Organized

As I sift through my mail I notice yet another statement from my financial advisor. "Why do they have to send me so much paper?" I wonder. Without bothering to open the envelope, I toss it into the growing stack of financial documents in my hall closet. "I'll get to it later," I promise myself.

Are the actions described above indicative of someone who is in charge of their finances and on top of the many transactions that are taking place? Hardly, and I should know, that person was me. I couldn't be bothered to deal with my finances yet I complained about my salary and dreamed about winning the lottery.

As a Professional Organizer, I am well aware that clutter is all about stuck energy, but it was a bit harder for me to accept that money is simply another form of energy that flows into and out of our lives. How can we expect to attract something that we don't take an interest in? If I don't value my wealth and take care of my financial affairs, I give off the message that "I can't handle the money that I have." The conclusion: there is no room in my life for more money, so don't send me any more. Not very smart, is it?

If you have resolved to be better organized this year consider starting with your finances. Apply the following strategies to ensure that you are open to receiving more prosperity and good fortune:

1. If you haven't already determined where you money goes on a daily basis, do so for a month and get clear about where your money is being spent. This exercise is not about judging, but becoming more aware. You may then choose to alter your spending habits.
2. Open, scan and file your documents on a regular basis. Use clearly labeled folders and recycle outdated materials or announcements. Shred when appropriate or at least archive information on an annual basis.
3. Act on discrepancies immediately. Queries on credit card statements and investment transactions must often be done within a strict time-frame, either 30 or 45 days. Don't let unfinished business turn into mental clutter; boost your energy by crossing something off your to-do list.
4. Whether you donate your pennies to the annual penny drive, support a church raffle or give to a charity make sure money flows both into and out of your life. A willingness to give away that which we attach so much importance to increases the likelihood that we will receive more of the same.
5. If you save loose change, sort coins into separate dishes for easy rolling or handy bus fare. If your grandkids are too old for small coins, roll them up and donate them to a non-profit group.
6. Pay attention to the details. How are the bills organized in your wallet? Are they crumpled up and backwards or smoothly ordered in increasing denominations? Take the time to store bills properly and you will give off the message that you know how much money you have and that you treat it with respect.

Contrary to the vibration that I was previously sending out about money ("I can't be bothered, it's not important, I'll deal with it later"), all of the ideas listed above indicate that you respect money enough to deal with it. By demonstrating that you are able to handle the money you have, you send out the message that you are ready for more.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment